We boarded the Trident, a choppy sea, a swell of 10 feet. They had already cancelled the evening ferry. We set off on the first leg of our journey home.
I didnt look back as I knew the hard lump in my throat was just one glance back away from forming fat watery blobs on my cheeks.
The rain came. Arriving on Guernsey, Hubster knew I was a tad subdued, no words required. "Come on you" he cajoled "I'm taking you for a sharpener"
Finally settled in the White D'or Tapas and Mezze bar. Perfect, looking out at the wonderful craft in the harbour.
- Houmus & pitta bread topped with a generous sprinkling of smoked paprika and a glug of extra virgin.
- A little plate of sticky ribs
- Spanish chicken and chorizo
- Pan fried prawns and calamari with olive oil, chilli, lemon and garlic
- 1 glass of Sancerre, 1 Corona beer with lime wedge
Then it happened, "this is my song for you"he said
"Really?" That's one of the loveliest things.
"Yes I always think of you when I hear it" he said
"Well I am always going to think of you too when I hear it in future" I said
And.........that's settled after all these years we finally have our song.
Bruno Mars : You're amazing just the way you are.
And as I continued to swoon in my reverie, Hubster got up and popped outside to put a bet on the horses. Thats him!
"Come on you" he said "Time to board the ferry, time to go home"