|Beetroot on a burger|
|Sandringham Yacht Club|
* I pronounce Melbourne as ‘Mel-bun not Mel-bin’.
* I say "Sandring-um" not "Sandring-ham"
* I still use the ‘L’ in the word ‘Australia’
* I say "beautiful" not "beudiful". Hubster however, now says it the Aussie way.
* I find it strange to see huge fibreglass bananas, prawns and sheep on the highways.
* I cant pronounce‘Woolloomooloo’ and think it's a funny name for a place but I love it.
* I am secretly petrified of the killer wildlife, a true Aussie is secretly proud.
* I find it odd that the $1 coin is twice as big as the $2 coin.
* I can't tell the difference between Aussie and Kiwi accents! ooops sorry
* I think beetroot on your Hamburger is weird but it's actually very good.
* I think ‘excuse me’ is polite, but to an Aussie it sounds rude, whilst ‘scuse me’ is always polite.
* I don't find the Winters "flamin freezin mate!"
* I haven't got the hang of abbreviating every word, all of which usually end in -o: arvo, combo, garbo, metho, milko, muso, rego, servo, smoko, speedo, righto, goodo etc.
* I don't understand Aussie Rules Football
* I do know that the barbecue is a political arena; the person holding the tongs is always the boss and usually a man. And the women make the Salad. (It's the same back home, we just don't get the weather)
* I do say ‘no worries’ quite often, whether I realise it or not but not as much as the Hubster.
Finally, I just love all the idiosyncrasies, similarities and downright alien of this place.......most of the time!